Monday, October 17, 2011

Next Steps

This week I need to write the synopsis and query letter for ITAV (It Takes a Village).  I probably need to find a new title for it as well, since that title doesn’t work any longer.  It was a filler title during NaNoWriMo when I thought it would be a Brigadoon type, with a vanishing village.  Didn’t turn out that way.

Maybe “Soul”?  I thought about Simulacrum but the word doesn’t sound right.  Hm.  “Protect the Soul” doesn’t sound right either, and “Soul of Tien” gives too much away.  In a sense.  But I also want a title that draws attention, even if it gets changed later.

2 comments:

  1. A vanishing village sounds interesting. I don't know enough about this book to help with the title but you're good at titles. you'll come up with something amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so.

    I think I may use the vanishing village in another story later--it's in the same area on this world. Another novel (Demontaint, just finished) has a house that moves around, which may be too close to a vanishing village. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete