Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWRIMO!!! deserves the extra punctuation

Ha! Today is the first day of November, so that means the next month will be crazy busy and impossible. So fun. Add a job hunt on top of that and...well...

I also learned a short time ago that two of my nessies (English really needs a word for "nieces and nephews") are also participating! One will participate on the children's level, the other on the full blown 50,000 word challenge! I love it!

So a sneak-peak. I have now been writing for an hour (unless I fell asleep :) and this year I'm thinking you'll get science fiction/dystopian adult about a teacher. For the rest, you'll have to wait. If it changes, I'll let you know after the fact. No promises. It's changed the first day of November before, although once I lost the momentum around day five and had to start over. The basic reason was because I realized the story wasn't going to be 50k.

Of course, last year my story "ended" at 41k on November 14th. Then I went back and filled in the missing POV. Ended at almost 52k for November. I'm editing right now and it's within 1000 words of hitting 60k. The prologue and sample chapters are here.


This year I found a blog-hop that's "giving back" to the NaNoWriMo website to support their programs.

They've written an anthology, The Spirit of Christmas, and ALL PROCEEDS are being donated to The Office of Letters and Light, which runs the NaNoWriMo programs.

So here's my wish. All I want for NaNo is...a new story to play with!

Come join more than 200,000 writers across the globe! Join NaNoWriMo and support the Young Writers Program!


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like whatever you do, it's going to be epic! I guarantee you'll have a new book by month's end. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope for one. Another author is going to try for four! Ahhhhh!

      Delete
  2. That's a wish worth wishing for, and I hope you achieve your goals this month. Thanks for participating, Lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Lauren! Thanks for helping us out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love the event, it's the least I can do.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, that's a great wish! I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, I love your want! Hope you find your new story!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took an odd twist yesterday--we'll see what happens. :)

      Delete
  6. Very cool that your "nessies" are participating. I don't have any family that participate, so I guess you could say I hold the sole flame for my entire clan on both sides. :P

    ReplyDelete