Wednesday, January 2, 2013

IWSG (Isolated Writing Seriously Goopedup)

I guess that's a stretch, but I wanted a new acronym. :)

I'm not insecure at the moment. I'm rather high (on life, not on caffein) which means that I need to get out of the house today or I'll end up breaking something.

I'm jittery, excited. A new year, a new set of experiences.

I was reading a post the other day and the blogger was saying that 2012 had been a bad year. :( But I can't see that. No job, no income, no publication, but it was a good year anyway. I accomplished so much! And now I'm excited for a new one.

No matter what happens, I'll move ahead with my plans and probably fall down, run over people's toes and apologize profusely, ram someone's mailbox (almost on accident) or just in general swallow my own feet (I'm pretty flexible. I can put both feet in my mouth).

Doesn't matter. One day at a time, I WILL defeat this year, come out on top and scream to the world that I WON! Even if I'm the only one who can hear it.

That's just my mood today. If it doesn't fit the mood of IWSG (Insecure Writers Support Group) then I've wracked up my first major Apology for the year and I hope I don't step on your cat.

I'll be laughing all day. In reality, two things happened. I have that magic feeling about It Takes a Village (I read it yesterday and my mood just went through the roof) and someone said he really likes my most recent story.

That's all it takes.

10 comments:

  1. Love this positive attitude! No matter what life throws us, let's keep moving forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Lauren! So glad you're feeling positive - it's such a great way to start a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're ready to take this year head on... wrestle it to the ground. Great news about the positive feedback. That's all it takes to make us happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Such little things, but my bucket is full now--innocent bystanders will suffer! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, Lauren,

    Nice to meet you and HAPPY NEW YEAR! New follower here.

    What a FANTABULOUS attitude! You have the right way of thinking. Enjoy life. All of life; it's ups and it's downs.

    All the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my ups and downs. This week is UPUPUP!

      I really do enjoy life. It's an odd thing--my "down" is usually equivalent to everyone else's normal. Or everyone else's up, maybe, since I'm not in their heads so I can't judge it.

      My UP is...dangerous. :)

      Lauren

      Delete
  5. Great positive attitude. We just have to keep this at the forefront of our mind through the whole year :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I've been on a jittery, non-caffein high this whole week.

      Lauren

      Delete