Tuesday, July 12, 2011

egnartS erA elpoeP

I wonder about people.  I look out the window of an office building and watch people zip around in their cars (they look like odd-shaped bugs) and nobody really seems to be going anywhere, they're just going.  Rows of cars like caterpillars around the rim of a flowerpot.

And they sit in their cars and they have no idea that I'm up here looking down at them.  Wouldn't care if they did know, but maybe there'd be fewer accidents on the silly roundabout.

People are just strange, and I put myself at the head of that list.  But sometimes I just sit and wonder.  Is that semi parked in the driveway in front of the building full of explosives?  Is the driver who just went into the building going in to get his girlfriend or use the restroom?  Is he aware that a minivan just went right over the curb to get around his truck?  Does he care?

What about the driver of the minivan?  Is it actually a kid taking his mom's car for a joyride, and he's going to crash it into a ditch a few miles away?

Then there's the lawn maintenance guy zipping around on his 4-wheeled toy.  Is he just zipping because that's his job?  or does the lawn really need to be cut?  Would he even notice if he came out one day and the whole place had been covered in concrete, or would he just zip around as usual and mow the concrete?

Some day I think I'll go out there and just drive around and around and around and around that silly roundabout and see how long it takes people to notice.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment