Tuesday, June 28, 2011

In my head

My brain keeps running back to NaNoWriMo.  I’m already looking forward to it.  I have my own rule – if I have less than a page on any one story I still let myself use it.  I just make sure that I get at least that much over the 50.  ITAV, FiadeRoche and NOAWTM were written during NaNo.  Oh, and Underhill.  Four others, but I wasn’t interested enough in them to keep going (and none of them are finished).

Undersea was blatant stupidity – I had so much fun writing Underhill that I decided to do another month challenge.  That lasted about a week.  It took me three months to write it.

I’ve won NaNo every year.  I think that’s part of the fun – I’m playing only against myself.  People have contests, try to beat out other locations on word count, but I don’t see the point.  Rather like a high school “rivalry.”  Maybe that means there’s something wrong in my head, but if so I don’t mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment