Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Is it International or Irrational WSG?

Today is the first Wednesday of the month, which means IWSG, or Insecure Writers Support Group. This is when a bunch of writers moan and gripe and complain (or cheer, chortle and giggle) all over the internet.

Today isn't a moan, gripe and complain day. Today I want to go outside and sit in the sun, but if I try I'll end up with a sunburn.

I have problems with bright sun. I much prefer cloudy days as long as they're not too cold. I burn up in the sun. I feel like a lizard, sliding out into the sun to warm up and then sliding back into the shade because I get too hot. My computer also doesn't like the sun. Its screen isn't bright enough to compete, so I sit inside and gaze longingly out the window.

I'm up to the climax on the fourth book in my Spirit Cycle. The first two books are out, the third is in editing. Trying to balance a climax with six people is difficult, so I find myself staring longingly out the window.

Maybe I need to do original research and get all my nessies (that's nieces and nephews) for a free-for-all.

On the other hand, editing proceeds for Guardian and Heart of the Castle. I'm working on figuring out marketing and trying to keep up with life on the side.

Or something. And for some unknown reason I can never remember what the first letter of IWSG stands for. I keep having to look it up...

No comments:

Post a Comment