Monday, February 24, 2014

Good intentions

I downloaded a marketing course a few days ago. I've been reading through the course materials, checking e-mails, checking facebook, and I realized that I haven't done any writing this week. A couple words on Monday.

Part of it is because I'm working on a story and I have no idea where it's going. Well, I never have any idea where it's going, but for some reason this one is resistant to pantsing. So I try to write and just sit there staring at the screen, which is neither comfortable nor useful.

But mostly it's just because social media has sneaked up on me again.

I usually check it in the morning, before I begin writing. I try to leave it alone for the rest of the day. But you know, it's a geometrical progression. The more "friends" I have the more people I have to check, and the more people I have to look at, and laugh with, the more things I like, the longer it takes.

So, the Facebook sucking is over. I'm on a Facebook fast for the next week.

See you next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment