Monday, December 23, 2013

The Season

Today is the 23rd of December, so technically I'm breaking the rules.

A few weeks ago I signed up on Mark Koopmans "50 States of Pray" bloghop. The idea was to post on December 24th, but I'm going to break the mold, mostly because I don't want to put up two blog posts this week.

This has been a year of ups and downs, chaos and peace. I'm sure everyone here understands that at least. I've published four books this year (three if you don't count the fairy tales) and just like every other year of my "writing time" I've learned an amazing amount. I don't know how much more can fit in my head.

And then there's Christmas. I don't say "Happy Holidays" or "Xmas" because it's not either of those things. If people want to be offended, let them. To me it is Christmas, and I will express that with a full bellow if necessary. A celebration of Christ (even though the scriptures tell us he was born in the spring) and his life.

A life that is well worth celebrating. He is my Lord and my Savior, my Redeemer and my friend. My brother. After forty-one years of belief, I am still just coming to the beginning of understanding what that means.

If you don't believe in Christ, that's your choice. Find something you believe in, something you're willing to celebrate. If you're willing to shout it to the world, without apology and with no regrets, then do it. And make that your reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment