Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mae is finished!

I was going to do my NaNoWriMo post today, but it got sidetracked.

Another time.

I finished a book today, working title "Mae". It's one that I've been working on a little at a time over about the last five years, and one of the few I've written that's no form of fantasy. It's about a young woman running from a whacked-out old boyfriend. Take that for what it's worth.

8000 words today, for a total of 32,000. A little short, but once I decided it might not be a full length novel (i.e., once I decided not to try to force it to be) it just fell into place.

I feel like flying. I really like the end too, which doesn't always happen in a first draft. The bad guy gets his neck broken by a WWII veteran who's making balloon animals for kids on a street corner. Does that count as a spoiler? :) I was planning to have a mom do him in with a baseball bat, but it twisted at the last minute. I like it better this way.

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to sleep, I'm so wired.

I'll post the first three pages under finished novels, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment