Thursday, December 29, 2011

Four months

It's the end of the month again. I've been writing full time for (counting on my fingers) four months. I've accomplished a lot, but not everything I wished to accomplish.

I came into this thing with a number of books complete but not edited. For the first three months I dedicated my time half and half to new writing and editing, but somehow the editing wasn't as effective as it could have been. I've fully edited two books, but in both cases I was partially done editing when I started.

Other books were technically finished but I didn't want to touch them.

So realizing this, in December I decided to focus on editing. In a few weeks (hopefully) I'll have the first four books in the Ameso series (Demonborn, Underhill, Undersea, Demontaint) completed and ready to submit. Not sure about that, though, because I had to completely rewrite the ending of Underhill and now I get to start editing all over again.

Demonborn and Undersea are complete, though, so if I can just finish Underhill I can start submitting that series.

I'm going to continue to focus on editing, new writing only enough to keep myself sane, until the others are edited

No comments:

Post a Comment